Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

HOW TO REPLACE THE SENSOR ON THE GROUNDS COFFEE TRAY, dE

Customer Question

hOW TO REPLACE THE SENSOR ON THE GROUNDS COFFEE TRAY
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: dE LONGHI *****: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since before Xmas. been out of use. Tried cleaning the machine. I think the sensor probe has broken off the tray
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, Has worked perfectly for years. Great little machine.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Happy to wIait. Machine isnt going anywhere.
Roy
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 9 days ago.

Hello Roy, could you attach a photo of where you think the broken probe is?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It is at then back of the tray that collects the crushed beans. It is shaped like a thin probe. It has broken off. may be I can buy a new collection tray??
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 8 days ago.

Hello Roy, if the probe has broken away from its connection then a new tray would not fix the problem. I suspect the tray is integral with the machine and not intended to be replaced.

I suggest that you call De Longhi Spares on 0844 557 6438 , and they should be able to give you a definitive answer on their product.