Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I have a bosch fridge freezer KIV32444GB/03. Sometimes it is

I have a bosch fridge freezer KIV32444GB/03. Sometimes it is cold and the freezer is frozen and somtimes the freezer has defrosted and the fridge is warm. Is it just the control panel that need repalceing? Would appreciate your advice. Thanks
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 13 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: any other ideas on what could be wrong. I'm moving house in about 4 week and I don't want to replace the fridge but I don't want to leave the new people with a faulty fridge that works sometimes and not others

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to try to help you. I am an expert from Germany and work with language translators. I hope you will understand me. phone service is provided automatically by the system. Please just ignore it. I CANNOT MAKE A PHONE CALL.

It is possible that the thermostat is not working properly anymore. Have the thermostat checked and replaced if necessary. It is also possible that the refrigerator in the back wall is very dusty. At the back of the back wall is the dismantling resistance. If the sporadic error causes this can also happen.

Do you have any questions? I AM WAITING FOR YOUR MESSAGE. Greetings Erdal Zal

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you for your reply. Yes I understand you perfectly.
We have checked the back of the fridge and there is no dust. That's why we thought it may be the thermostat.
So think I will order a new one and hope for the best. If it is not that, is there any other part that may need replacing? I'm reluctant to spend a lot of money as I am moving house soon, but replacing the part is cheaper than buying a new appliance. Thank you for your advice

So 80% of the thermostat is defective. But it can also be that the coolant has to be refilled. It is possible that the compressor cannot always circulate all the coolant. The thermostat does not cost much. You can try a thermostat if it doesn't work - the other repair would cost more. You have to decide yourself.

Do you have any more questions?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
When I turn the fridge on there is no noise from the compressor starting.

Okay, does it stay loud for a long time, or do you listen for a long time now?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It doesn't seem to make any noise.
Sometimes it gets cold and sometimes it doesn't.

Ok, then it could be that it is really only the thermostat that is defective. I would recommend to change the thermostat first because the probability is very high. Do you have any questions?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No more questions thank you for your help.
I will order the part tomorrow

I wish you every success with the repair. I also thank you very much and wish you a nice night.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Part ordered and fitted. Fridge now makes a lovely humming sound and so far is working OK. Thank you for your advice.......saved me a lot of money not having to replace the fridge.