Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My elderly parents have just purchased a hitachi smart TV,

Customer Question

Hi My elderly parents have just purchased a hitachi smart TV, however my father is slightly deaf, is there anyway he can listen to the tv via headphones whilst my mother listens through the tv speaker
JA: Do you know the model of your Hitachi appliance?
Customer: it is 43he4000u
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hitachi appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it is not a problem just a technical question the tv is new
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: we have purchased an avantree bluetooth headphone system and we can get the sound through the headphones but it mutes the tv volume
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I’d like to help you with this.

The first problem is that your Hitachi TV doesn’t come equipped to do what you want it to do. Both Sony and Panasonic newer models do, but no other brands that I’m aware of.

This means that you’ll need to buy an additional piece of equipment. If you haven’t solved the problem yet, and would like my advice, please let me know and I can find out what you need to do later today.