How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 20312
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Daniel is online now

I have a double oven model bd62ss/2 and it appears that one

Customer Question

I have a double oven model bd62ss/2 and it appears that one of the two elements in the top oven base has gone. There was a bang and fuse tripped. When reset all was ok again but top oven takes a long time to hear up. I have replaced many elements before but cannot see how to access these at the base of the oven
Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Hotpoibt BD62SS/2 it is around 9 years old
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Serial number is...9100225560***********
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It seems a long time? You said 8 minutes?
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.


Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Do you still need help on this?


Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.

Ok to access the base element for the top oven then you need to pull the oven out and turn the power off.

Then remove the back panel.

Then you need to remove the right hand side panel when facing the oven and once thats off you can then access the base element there.

As the base element sits under the top oven cavity and you access it by removing the side panel on the right hand side on these.

Check that and im sure you can swap it over from there.