Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a double oven model bd62ss/2 and it appears that one

Customer Question

I have a double oven model bd62ss/2 and it appears that one of the two elements in the top oven base has gone. There was a bang and fuse tripped. When reset all was ok again but top oven takes a long time to hear up. I have replaced many elements before but cannot see how to access these at the base of the oven
Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Hotpoibt BD62SS/2 it is around 9 years old
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Serial number is...9100225560***********
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It seems a long time? You said 8 minutes?
Expert:  Daniel replied 16 days ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Do you still need help on this?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Yes
Expert:  Daniel replied 16 days ago.

Ok to access the base element for the top oven then you need to pull the oven out and turn the power off.

Then remove the back panel.

Then you need to remove the right hand side panel when facing the oven and once thats off you can then access the base element there.

As the base element sits under the top oven cavity and you access it by removing the side panel on the right hand side on these.

Check that and im sure you can swap it over from there.