KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Siemens Oven/Microwave, Model Number HTHB 86K. E Nr is

Siemens Oven/Microwave, Model Number HTHB 86K. E Nr is HB86K570B.
JA: Is your Siemens oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: The error message means that there is a memory fault. It is electric and I believe it was installed in 2006 or 2008.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have just moved into this house, and the vendor admitted that there was a fault with it, The machine looks immaculate - as though it has never er been used!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I would just like to know if its worth repairing (because of the age of the appliance) or whether we would be better purchasing a new one.

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is ***** ***** I will help you today!

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your appliance; hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

What is the error code you are getting ?

Please IGNORE the AUTOMATED PHONE CALL request.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Because the kitchen is being refurbished, the appliance has been removed from the housing and isn't plugged in, However, the error code (which I can't remember at the moment) meant that there was a memory fault
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello?

OK, at times memory fault is cleared by leaving it unplugged for few minutes.

Have you ever used the microwave ?

Was it heating even for few seconds ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tried switching it off and on and it made no difference. It was impossible to start the microwave or the oven - the error message would keep displaying.

OK, I am afraid the error code indicates the control board is faulty and will need replacement.

The control for this model is available at £210 + repair charges.

Looking at the age of appliance it is better to buy a new one (depends on your budget) then to spend this amount on repairs.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

____________________________________________________________

If you're satisfied with my assistance, your 5 STAR Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated.

Thank You!