JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My fridge freezer seems to keep beeping. Its been turned off

my fridge freezer seems to keep beeping. Its been turned off and left but when you switch it back on it continues to beep
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: bosch KGN39vw31g/06
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since Friday. Loud beeping. It was turned off for 24 hours and turned back on again. Beeping is loud and intermittent
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

How frequently does it keep (once a minute, once an hour, every few hours)?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
About every 15 mins

Does it beep for around 10 seconds then stop or just emit one beep?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
its just emitting one beep. It was a continuous beep but after we turned it back on it became intermittent

How old is the appliance?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
about 5 years old

What light is showing for the temp of the appliance, and if you leave the fridge door open for 2 minutes does the beeping become more frequent.

It suggests this is a fault on the PCB where it thinks either the door is open or freezer compartment too warm.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the fridge is in my daughters house. i have called her. The beeping is more like an alarm and as if the door has been left open but its a constant alarm. Not intermittent. its as though the door has been left open. If it is the pcb how do we go about fixing this or should I be buying a new appliance.

It good be the door contact switch which is a magnetic sensor.

Give me a short while to look up the parts of this appliance.

The sensor is part of the main PCB which can be sourced here for £60, you can prise off the cover and it will come away at which point you can swap it out.

If you are looking to get someone to repair it let me know your daughters postcode I can recommend someone local.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sw113dp

I would suggest trying Domex on 020 3124 1872 or Capital on 0208(###) ###-####/a>

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I should call one of these reccomended companies

If your daughter doesnt feel able to replace the part herself then yes either of these can come out and replace the part.

They both have excellent customer feedback.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you. Do I need to cancel my free trial

Once the answer is rated using the star rating at the top of this page you should be able to close your account - assuming you no longer require to be a member of JA.