Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Water got into the front panel of my Bosch Dishwasher due to

Customer Question

Water got into the front panel of my Bosch Dishwasher due to a sink overflow and I'm now able to turn on the machine without closing the door and whilst I can here the motor running, this dishwasher isn't filling with water. If I replace the pcb, should this solve my problem?
JA: How old is your Bosch dishwasher? Have you replaced the inlet valve before, and if so, how long ago?
Customer: The dish washer is now c14 years old, hence, there's question mark over whether it's worth repairing. NB: The water got into the front panel by dripping from the counter, rather than anything to do with the inlet valve.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The incident happened on Thursday evening. I've removed the front panel and disconnected and reconnected the on/off switch, microswitch and PCB, with the same outcome.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I suspect that the PCB is water damaged, as this would have been most exposed to water ingress. I welcome a professional view before spending money on a new one and find out that it didn't need to be replaced.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to try to help you. I am an expert from Germany and work with language translators. I hope you will understand me. phone service is provided automatically by the system. Please just ignore it. I CANNOT MAKE A PHONE CALL.

I would not recommend you to replace the board. You can never be sure that there are other components that are electrically defective. The circuit board is very expensive. And the resulting damage could cause even more costs. I would recommend to buy a new device.

Do you have any questions? I AM WAITING FOR YOUR MESSAGE. Greetings Erdal Zal

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 5 days ago.

If you have any questions please write below in the text box please.