Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a Toshiba TV and my remote is not working properly.

Hi, I have a Toshiba TV and my remote is not working properly. Do I need to buy a new one?
JA: Do you know the model of your Toshiba appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Hang on, I will check. Sorry to keep you waiting. 330 133? I can't see it properly. It's about 5-6 yrs old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Toshiba appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My TV is fine, just the remote. Volume will not increase and some of the numbers won't click in, also the channel list will not move over to another time slot.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything so far.

Hello, it would probably work if you took it apart and cleaned the contacts. Even with the most careful use, they accumulate dust and grime from fingers.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow, (too late tonight).

OK. I shall await further news :-)

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The technician suggested I clean my remote control, which fixed my volume problem, however the directional arrows don't work, the down and forward buttons on the channel list don't work and I can't set the timing button.
I think you’ll have to buy a new remote. Sorry.

You can usually find a matching one on eBay.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks Tim. I'll check out ebay. Carol.

You're welcome, Carol :-)