Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a Stoves Richmond 1100DF range cooker. Model 44448436

I have a Stoves Richmond 1100DF range cooker. Model 44448436 Serial No. 80229537. The catch and strike pin for the main fan oven need replacing. I already have the spare parts from Stoves. I live in Portugal where there are no Stoves agents.
JA: Is your range gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: The cooker is about 2012. How do I access the catch? Do I have to take off the entire front panel of the range or do I remove the fan oven box? Electric oven but gas hob.
JA: The Appliance Technician can walk you through this; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your range? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The cooker still works but the door does not fit tightly due to loose striker pin in door and worn rollers in catch.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am in Nantwich. Can I discuss face to face with you locally? Say in Sandbach?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I've attached a manual that has some diagrams. Let me know if it meets your needs, and if not then I can help you more.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks Tim. I've studied the diagrams. The roller catch component seems to be Part 0147. Access for replacement must be either via the small covered gap between the dual units or via the inside of the oven box (which means removing the box. There is a vertical metal strip covering the gap. If I remove the strip (set screws) can I then get at the catch?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Tim, Did you get my folow up question?

Bear with me - I was taking some calls. I've just seen your post and will reply in the next 15 mins.

Hm. A scratchy chin moment.

I believe that you should be able to remove either 0247 or 0253. On a similar model, I've removed what I think equates to part 0253 to replace hinge receivers, so that might be the method you need. However, that might end up in more dismantling. I don't expect you to have to remove the oven box, partly because the exploded diagram on page 52 is entitled "DOORS, FASCIA, AND FRONT FRAME ASSEMBLY".

The strip you mention doesn't seem to be on the diagram, but from your description (of set screws) I would it's clearly something that can be removed, so go for it!

Sorry to be vague on this - with so many jobs, customers, products and years, my memory isn't as good as I'd like it to be.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Tim, Thanks for at least confirming my intuitive feeling that the oven box is not the way in! I'll fish around a bit more for guidance (perhaps via Stoves directly) and then proceed cautiously via the central strip.
Ken

You're welcome. Sorry that I can't give you a definitive answer on this.
I would be tempted to be gung ho, and remove that strip ;-)