Tamar D
Tamar D, Master Tradesman
Experience:  HVAC/Refrigeration & Appliance Tech
17066333

I have a Hitachi torch, UB18D which no longer works, so I

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Hi I have a Hitachi torch, UB18D which no longer works, so I have been trying to get a replacement for it. However, I see unable to find one. Do you still make this model, or is there a replacement which will still use the same battery pack please.
JA: How old is your Hitachi torch?
Customer: Quite a few years, not sure how many
JA: What have you tried so far with your Hitachi torch?
Customer: I have tried replacing bulb but still no luck
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really, I just need to know if I can get replacement. I ordered another model, UB18DAL but of course it does not fit the battery, so is useless to me.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have just been having a conversation with someone about a torch I have and have now been directed to you. Have you received details of the query or do I need to repeat it?
Please read the entire message before responding Hi there, my name is Tamar, I’ve got over 10 years in the trade and I’ll be glad to help Please disregard any automated phone request or service requests as they are generated by the website. You do not have to accept phone requests unless you want phone service from me Please bear with my responses, actively working on the job site also. I am human but I will do my best to reply ASAP.
Hope you are doing well today, did you mean to contact JustAnswer?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Yes, I think so. I was told I needed to do this to get an answer, so have signed up and paid £5 but I understand this is fully refundable. I hope so!
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
noo i do not want a live phone call, thank you. Surely this is a very straightforward question
Yes the phone request is automated. I can look into your question. So you’re just trying to find a replacement bulb or the entire unit?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The entire unit if possible.
I’m sure we can find one, but they did discontinue that model
Do you already have a working battery?
If so you can pick this one up.
https://www.ebay.com/p/1645487686?iid=274190342734&_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20170810093926%26meid%3D67155c6dd16c44098c5b687a7fa8ea39%26pid%3D100854%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26itm%3D274190342734%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2322090&_trksid=p2322090.c100854.m4779

Since this model is discontinued finding a new one would be hard. Have a look at the link and make sure
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
If you can, that would be great. Yes I do have two working batteries and have other appliances which work off them.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is that email link for the torch or for a battery?
It’s the entire unit minus the battery
Basically tool only
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
OK I will check that out. Thank you. If that's no good, I'll contact you again. Thank you.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Have just had a look at it. It's the right one but is going to be very expensive with all the postage costs from the States! Is there no alternative available in the UK?
Let me double check
Here’s one with a battery

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hitachi-UB-18D-14-4v-18v-Torch-in-Good-clean-working-order-it-also-comes-with-a/184129038005?hash=item2adef226b5:g:hgwAAOSwej9eHyHV

And one without
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hitachi-UB18D-14-4-18-Volt-Cordless-Flash-Light-Tool-Only-No-Battery-P1-6/274190342734?epid=1645487686&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item3fd7049a4e:g:-ioAAOSwXzBd9VaX
In the UK
Hopefully I was helpful, courteous and kind as that is my goal. If you have other questions feel free to ask.
If you don’t mind, please take a second of your time and find the “rate your expert” option at the top of the page. Rate using the stars on the top left, that way I will be credited for answering you. (hopefully I’ve earned 5 stars)

We can continue to chat after you rate, and you can ask follow up questions free of charge

Thank you and have a blessed day, and a happy new year !
-Tamar
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ah, that first one looks interesting. Other one looks expensive again. I'll try that first one. Thank you for your help.