Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a problem wit my built-in Hotpoint fridge looking for

hello
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i have a problem wit my built-in Hotpoint fridge looking for ideas
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5 years old hotpoint HS3022VL
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no, i'm overseas and wife is stuck home with broken fridge and mouths to feed
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: looks like thermostat, no metter what temp selescted it is freezing everything inside
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
hello, checking someone is there . . . ?

If the appliance is freezing everything up then it will be the control board at fault here.

As these are electronic controlled rather then a thermostat. Ive replaced quite a few of them for this fault.

Now these control boards are sold blank and need to be programmed up with the Hotpoint laptops so a diy repair isnt really an option on these.

The best option is a fixed price repair from Hotpoint which is about £119 all in so for that they will call out and replace and program the control board and that will stop it from freezing up.

Give the contact center a bell on 03448 224 224 and they can sort you out from there and get someone out to repair it for you.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks Daniel thats greatly appreciated will give hotpoint a bell
Cheers