Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My Daughters waste disposal in her sink trips her rcd every

My Daughters waste disposal in her sink trips her rcd every time she switches it on to Maserate food waste.

This is probably the death knell for the unit, as it suggests that water has breached a seal. You can send it away to be tested and reconditioned, but of course it would put the sink out of use, or you'd have to plumb a temporary waste for the duration.

Most people just buy a new unit and throw away the old one.

How old is it?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Sorry for delay. About 10 years old.

Could you tell me the make and model?

Don't worry about the delay - the topic won't be closed until your problem is solved or you bow out. I will never give up on you!

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No thank you I have the info I need.
Job closed.

If you're satisfied with the answer I gave you, your rating (using the stars at the top of this page) will enable me to receive a credit for my time.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. You won't be charged any additional fees if you post on this topic.