Christopher Coleman
Christopher Coleman, Owner at Big River Service Center with 40yrs experience
Experience:  Owner at Big River Service Center
66637759

I am trying to descale my Smeg CMSC45 Coffee machine but I

Customer Question

I am trying to descale my Smeg CMSC45 Coffee machine but I keep getting the message GROUND TOO FINE ADJUST MILL alternating with PRESS OK. When I press OK it asks me to dispense hot water. I can hear the pump working but nothing comes out. How do I fix this?
JA: How old is your Smeg coffee maker?
Customer: 5 years
JA: What have you tried so far with your Smeg coffee maker?
Customer: Nothing apart from trying to descale it. I've tried to dispense hot water and steam but that doesn't work either. I can still make coffee with it though.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 7 days ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  Christopher Coleman replied 4 days ago.

It is perfectly ok to use acetic acid 5% which is distilled white vinegar. You can even use CLR if the vinegar doesn't remove all of the mineralization when it is heavy like your machine is indicating it is.