Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Zanussi dishwasher had water in the drip tray the other

Hi! My Zanussi dishwasher had water in the drip tray the other day. We emptied it and then the dishwasher worked again just fine. However, today it started pumping again even though the machine wasn't switched on. I checked and there was again water in the tray. Emptied it and am now running a programme. I've checked a few times and water is coming out of the overflow hose. What can I do to fix it?
JA: Do you know the model of your Zanussi dishwasher?
Customer: Yes, it's a ZDV12004FA The filter is clean and I can't see any dirt or grease anywhere
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Happened twice
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: First time was Saturday. We just emptied the tray and then it worked again. We thought perhaps it was just a one off
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
There is only a little bit of water in the machine now (near end of cycle). It was dry before the programme started.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
There's only been water in the right compartment of the tray

If the dishwasher is leaking and its coming from the overflow then its going to be something to do with the pressure sensor as its putting too much water in causing it to overfill.

The first thing to try is pull dishwasher out and access the underneath.

There you will see a pipe going from the sump unit to the pressure sensor.

Remove the hose and give it a good clean out.

Then give the sump part were the hose goes a clean out as well.

Then refit the hose and then go inside the dishwasher and remove the mesh filters inside and turn over and check to see if its slimed up. If so give this a clean as well.

Then run a dishwasher cleaner through it as this can clean the other hoses and sump.

The try it again and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed this cures the fault from there and stops it from overfilling and leaking into the base tray.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks for your swift reply!
I checked and cleaned the mesh filters inside and ran a dishwasher cleaning cycle the other day.
Haven't checked the pipe going from the sump unit to the pressure sensor though. Will give that a go

No worries, Check that and see what you find from there.