TheApplianceDoctor
TheApplianceDoctor, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  White Goods Engineer
107912544

Bosch dispenser issue, SBV50E10GB/17, 10yrs, few days, also

Customer Question

Bosch dispenser issue
JA: Do you know the model of your Bosch appliance? How old is it?
Customer: SBV50E10GB/17, 10yrs
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: few days, also noted a groaning at initial start up for a few weeks
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: checked dispenser, seems clean and flap operating
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
tablet is found in bottom of machine still in wrapper
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
is anyone there?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was expecting a live chat
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Rubbish service, total con, a fiver wasted!
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 7 months ago.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'll wait
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  TheApplianceDoctor replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your dishwasher.

It seems that your heating element may have failed, which is why it is not dissolving the tablet.

You should be able to confirm if the heating element is working or not by putting the dishwasher on its hottest setting and then running it for around half an hour, open the door after half an hour and there should be steam coming from the dishwasher if the heating element is working or the water should be hot, if it isn't then your heating element has failed.