Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a Beko MEN 71442W washing machine. My machine is not

Customer Question

I have a Beko MEN 71442W washing machine. My machine is not turning on and when I looked into the diagnostic errors, it came up with E08 saying no water.
Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I've checked water pressure and hoses all good and I've refitted a new water filter valve. Tried resetting and still the same.
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've checked the filter at the bottom of machine and all is good.
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

When you select a programme, does the machine behave normally, and show the error only after you initiate the programme? Does it activate the pump before the error appears?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No nothing happens.
I don't think anything happens, No noise, only the diagnostic errors showing.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'll be home around 1.30pm so I'll be in contact with you then by text. Thank you
The next step would be to measure the resistance of the water inlet solenoid, with the power off. Do you have a multimeter?

I'll look out for your reply, but I will be out between 1pm and about 4pm.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry i don't have a multi meter.
Is the water inlet solenoid the same as water inlet valve?
As tbis is what I've replaced already.

Given that the pump doesn't run, and the inlet valve doesn't open, this is sounding like a control board problem. I would (again with the power off) remove each connector to the board and plug it on/in again. Do each one in turn so that you don't end up with confusing handful of connectors. If it still misbehaves then I would deem the board to be faulty.

There are spares available on this site; you will probably have to provide the serial number of your Beko machine to ensure you get the correct board.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Once I'm home at around 2pm today I'll try it and let you know. Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Having unplugged all circuits individually on the motherboard and plugging them back in, unfortunately still nothing. Therefore it maybe the motherboard needs replacing.
These are machines details:
Model: Beko WMB71442W
Serial: No: 13 - 406597 - 10Can you send me a price please?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I text you a couple of weeks ago and paid the £20 which I'm happy about even though the washing machine did not get resolves.then I had another £29 charged from my account. Please let me know what for?

Hello, I don't know what the second charge is for - I'm not involved in any of the customer charging decisions.

Could you email Customer Services and ask them to explain?