Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

My bosch charger (GAL1880CV) is not lighting up or charging.

My bosch charger (GAL1880CV) is not lighting up or charging. I have checked the fuse and power is getting to the charger
JA: When did you last clean or perform maintenance on your Bosch charger? How old is it?
Customer: The charger is approx 1 year old but is not used daily, 1 a month at best but I haven't carried out any maintence on the charger but the contact points are clean and corrosive free
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch charger? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The last time I used it was at christmas, worked fine but when I plugged it in on Sunday it wouldnt work. i done a continuity test from the plug to the circuit board and that was good and done one from the circuit board to the charging points and was good, didn't want to probe around the circuit board as i didn't know where to test on the board
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's it, it is stored in my toolbox in the back of the van when not in use, batteries are good, not copies and work well on the drill and 125mm grinder that they are used on

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to try to help you. I am an expert from Germany and work with language translators. I hope you will understand me. phone service is provided automatically by the system. Please just ignore it. I CANNOT MAKE A PHONE CALL.

That's all right that you have measured everything through here. If the power electronics get power from the device and still don't work then it is defective. I have read that it is one year old. Then you still have warranty. I recommend that you go to the store and replace it. They will be replaced for free or it will be repaired for free.

Do you have any questions? Please write your message in the textbox below. I AM WAITING FOR YOUR MESSAGE. Greetings Erdal Zal

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have tried getting in contact with the store that I purchased it from but it doesn't seem to be in business anymore

What do you mean exactly? Is the store closed for good? Don't you ever open this place again?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It was an online store, no response from calls or emails

Okay, then you have one more option. But you also need your bill from the device. You can contact Bosch because the warranty must also cover the costs. Under the link what I will send him immediately you can contact them and they will of course help him. They will either send a technician or replace it free of charge.

https://www.bosch-home.co.uk/customer-service/contact-us/telephone-support

Do you have any further questions?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
If it comes with a 12month warranty then it's out of warranty, just checked and it was purchased nov 2018

No, they must have a 24 month warranty. Here an Infolink what the European standard for guarantees says.
According to EU law, consumers are also entitled to a minimum 2-year warranty (legal guarantee), which protects them if goods are faulty or do not have the characteristics described in the advertisement. In some countries, national laws prescribe a longer warranty period.

Nevertheless, please try to contact Bosch. It is very annoying that it breaks down within such a short time. Do you have any further questions?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No, thanks for the advice

Ok then I wish you much success with it. If you have no questions then I ask you to rate me with 5 stars on the top right so I can close the request.

Thank you and have a nice evening.