Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a two year old Bosch condenser Tumble Dryer,

I have a two year old Bosch condenser Tumble Dryer, wtw85260GB/20. It has started making a rumbling noise when in use which sounds like it could be the bearings or dirt trapped between two drums.
JA: Are you getting any error codes or messages from your Bosch dryer?
Customer: No
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: One day. I have tried looking at all accessible components. Also I have rotated the inner drum by hand and find I get the same noise on the right hand side of the drum
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of

Theres a number of things that can cause the noise. As you have drum bearing, the front roller wheels, the motor or the belt pulley wheel or the heat pump itself.

If you are looking at checking this yourself then you need to remove the top panel and then the right hand side panel when stood in front of it.

From there you can see the motor, heat pump and the belt pulley wheel on the motor.

You can ten carefully set the dryer going and watch it from there and try and work out were the noise is coming from or see if theres something worn.

Check that and see what you find from there.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you. I think I had better call a technician. Opening the machine is beyond me.