Tamar D
Tamar D, Master Tradesman
Experience:  HVAC/Refrigeration & Appliance Tech
17066333

How hot does a domestic tumble dryer get? Does it vary

How hot does a domestic tumble dryer get? Does it vary according to the programmes?
Please read entire message before responding

Hi there, my name is Tamar, I’ve got over 10 years in the trade and I’ll be glad to help

Please disregard any automated phone request or service requests as they are generated by the website. You do not have to accept phone requests
unless you want that service.

Please bear with my responses, I may be on the job site and there may be a little delay between messages. I will of course do my best to respond in a timely manner.
It varies, are we talking electric, gas? What type
Generally it will be between 125 to 135f
So 51-57 degrees Celsius depending on the cycle you select. There may be slight variation between different types (gas/electric) but usually all within that range
Hopefully I was helpful, courteous and kind as that is my goal. If you have other questions feel free to ask. If you don’t mind, please take a second of your time and find the “rate your expert” option at the top of the page. Rate using the stars on the top left, that way I will be credited for answering you. (hopefully I’ve earned 5 stars) We can continue to chat after you rate, and you can ask follow up questions free of charge Thank you and have a blessed day!

-Tamar
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
So on this link it says 175 c? https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/tumble-dryers/article/tumble-dryer-faqs#howhotdryer
That could be referring to the temperature of the flame or element. But that is not actual temp, that’s almost 400 degrees! To keep this in perspective most thermal limits (safeties cut out at 200 and up) to keep from overheating.

You can expect a residential dryer to be
125-140 on low
150-170 on high
That’s Fahrenheit.
Hope that helps! If so please do remember to rate, chatting me up afterwards will still be available at no additional charge
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Yes I’m sure you’re correct! Thanks