JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a samsung fridge freezer that has stopped working

I have a samsung fridge freezer that has stopped working I’ve had it 3 years
JA: What Samsung product do you have?
Customer: rs53k4400
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: switched power off turned back on and no power at all and changed the fuse
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: how long does warranty last for
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thankyou
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
You can proceed

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

To confirm there is no sign of life on the appliance, nothing on the display, no interior light etc?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No sign of life at all
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’m not paying another £16 when I’ve just paid for this service

Have you checked power is going to the socket its plugged into, and if the fuse has blown in the plug?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I will do it on here

Offers for calls are just adverts for optional services you can discard them if you are happy with a typed response.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I'm happy with a type response thankyou
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My husband changed the fuse
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can a technician call out to have a look
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Happy with a typed response
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My husband has changed the fuse and still no power at all
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How long would it be for someone to call out to look at appliance
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Is some one available tomorrow to call out to look at appliance please
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can someone please get back to me as I'm in work soon thankyou

This is not an immediate service I am afraid it can take time for experts to respond, so to confirm you have power to the socket and changed the plug fuse but still ont getting any sign of life?

Assuming you keen to get an engineer out to replace the fault part (most likely the PCB) please advise your postcode.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My post code is SG86JZ
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No sign of life atall

The good news is the appliance is showing as still under the 5 year warranty from what I can see, a new PCB would have cost around £150 so I would on the first instance raise a claim with Samsung warranty team, you can do this via web chat or by calling them (see here).

Should they be unable to help then I can recommend a local firm, but based on cost of parts I would suggest you opt for a fixed price repair such as the one here.

Do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Hi, I haven't heard from you in some time, do you require any further assistance or can I close the question?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'm not sure which number to call can you send me the number to call please

Sorry I am not clear what numbers are you after, do you mean for a local firm to come out?

If so I suggest using the first price firm above on 0330(###) ###-####

Please let me know if you need anything further.

Also, I'll check back in with you in 1 day on 3/30/2020. I can also answer any additional questions that may arise. Don't worry, there's no additional fee for this follow-up.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No not a local firm what number do I call for Samsung to claim and someone to come out

Samsung are not offering phone calls at this time, if you use the link here the two options available are facebook messenger and web chat both run mon-fri 9am to 9pm.

So if you message them now you should get a response.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thankyou very much

So I can close the question please rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page.