JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Dishes have come out of washer with a white film.also salt

Customer Question

dishes have come out of washer with a white film.also salt has totally dissapeared from chamber.only filled it up 3 days ago
JA: Is your washer top or front loading?
Customer: front
JA: How long has this been going on with your washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yesterday. filled salt back up havent tried anything else
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no .its been a dream until yesterday
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

The film is most likely salt, it suggest the water softener has failed resulting in salt getting into the system during a wash cycle.

Whats the model of washer, and how old is it?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
yes i think your right.husband says water softener has stopped..he will sort it .thanks for your help
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 days ago.

No problem is there anything else I can assist you with?

Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

Hi, I haven't heard from you in some time, do you require any further assistance or can I close the question?