JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

If the mains water from the street to a building is turned

Customer Question

If the mains water from the street to a building is turned off then, later, turned back on, can the force of the water then force a sink tap to turn on by itself? Many thanks for your advice.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this sink issue?
Customer: Recently
JA: How long has this been going on with your sink? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The problem has now been resolved. But I still need to have an answer to my actual question. Thank you.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Expert:  JamesI replied 15 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Expert:  JamesI replied 15 days ago.

Its very unlikely a sudden pressure can cause a tap to come on by itself, you can find some instances where its been enough to make a valve fail and start leaking, but if the tap was on a steady flow its most likely someone left the tap on when the water was off and forgot about it.

Is there anything else I can clarify for you?