Tamar D
Tamar D, Master Tradesman
Experience:  HVAC/Refrigeration & Appliance Tech
17066333

My Dyson vacumn serial number RA5-UK-HEA1709A started to

My Dyson vacumn serial number RA5-UK-HEA1709A started to stop and start. It has now ceased to work at all. What could be wrong
JA: How old is your Dyson vacuum?
Customer: Sorry I can't remember but it must be outside the 2 year guarantee
JA: How long has this been going on with your Dyson vacuum? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This has now happened a couple of times but has not stopped altogether before. I have emptied the bin and cleaned the filters
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The motor case and battery were quite warm
Please read the entire message before responding Hi there, my name is Tamar, I’ve got over 10 years in the trade and I’ll be glad to help Please disregard any automated phone request or service requests as they are generated by the website. You do not have to accept phone pop ups, they’re auto generated from the site and not from me, unless you want that service. Please bear with my responses as I may be actively working.
Hope you’re doing well today. So it’s pulsing?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
yes
I won’t be able to do a call unfortunately but I will still be Here to help. Via text. Another tech may choose to call you.

Usually with pulsing it means the filter is stopped up or there’s a blockage now.

When you clean the filter make sure you are super thorough
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
could the blockage be in a part of the machine I can't access?
It could very well be
In rare cases the motor or control components could be faulty , but 99% of the time this is due to a blockage
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
So is there anything I can do about that?
Is there another model number on that unit? Whah make of dyson is it?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Actually it has just started working again. Thank you
Excellent
Hopefully I was helpful, courteous and kind today. If you don’t mind, please take a second of your time to rate me for my initial answer. You can find the the “rate your expert” option at the top left of the page in the form of clickable stars.(hopefully I’ve earned 5 stars). Rating will not close the question, but it will make sure I’m credited, we can continue afterwards with no time constraints and no additional charges.
Thank you and have a blessed day!

-Tamar