Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Zanussi ZCE7610 cooker, the main oven only heats to

Customer Question

I have a Zanussi ZCE7610 cooker, the main oven only heats to 160, is suspect one of the heating elements is faulty, how do i access this
JA: Is your Zanussi oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: electric
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we have just moved into the property, it was vacant for some time
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i am an electronics engineer and have a meter
Expert:  Daniel replied 18 days ago.

The main oven on these only has the one element in there.

Is the fan motor running?

Also when you turn the oven dial on does the little thermostat light on the front come on stright away or does it come on at a higher temperture?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you for your response.

The oven fan is running

The red light comes on until the oven reaches the preset temperature

I am currently checking the oven temperature achieved at a number of preset temps - i have an IR thermometer

Thanks for your help

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Measured oven temps and settings are
65C 100C
110 150C
150 200
175
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
250C
Expert:  Daniel replied 16 days ago.

Looking at your temperture tests this is looking like the thermostat is the fault here.

As the oven only has 1 element and a fan motor. So as its heating and the fan is running then we know the heater and fan motor is fine.

So this just leaves the main oven thermostat. The thermostat isnt regulating as it should be as this is what controls the temperture in there.

For this you will need to replace the thermostat and that will cure the fault from there.

To access the thermostat you need to open the top oven door and remove the metal panel thats sits between the top oven and the hob as this will come off.

Then undo the screws holding the hold top and then you can lift this up at the front and access the thermostat from there and swap it over.

Then pull out and remove the back panel and you can feed the capilery over the top to the back from there.

The part number for it is 3890771250.

Now for some reason they call it the top oven thermostat which is wrong. I can confirm that part number is for the main oven.