Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have model no.ZCV553MWC. Cooker. We had a short power cut

Customer Question

I have model no.ZCV553MWC. Cooker. We had a short power cut and I reset the time function but in doing so I must have activated the duration function without meaning to and now can’t get the main oven to heat up. The light comes on but no heat, it makes a noise like the defrost function. I have tried to cancel the duration and end buttons but doesn’t work and feel I have probably messed up the sequence somehow. Can you help, must use the main oven tonight!
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric 6 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since yesterday. Have turned oven off from wall plug thinking it would cancel any settings and I could start again but no luck
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I find it difficult to follow instructions in booklet page 11 re cancelling clock instruction for automating cooking which I presume I have somehow started?
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

What symbols are shown on the timer display?