JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Have a bosch serie2 dishwasher and it is stopping during the

have a bosch serie2 dishwasher and it is stopping during the wash cycle and the warning "checkwater" is flashing. I have checked water inlet that seems to be working because it starts off the cycle by filling. Also it is draining fine. On all cyles it just stops after 15 -20 mins what could this be please? THanks Tim
JA: What happened just before your Bosch dishwasher displayed this message?
Customer: nothing untoward just normal operation
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked inlet hose all ok had the water bladder on side off and freed the float there was a lot of muck there. also it drains all ok
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: sorry no all that i can think by research is might it be the heating element if not working will it stop machine mid cycle, i do not know
Please read the entire message before responding Hi there, my name is*****’ve got over 10 years in the trade and I’ll be glad to help Please disregard any automated phone request or service requests as they are generated by the website. You do not have to accept phone pop ups, they’re auto generated from the site and not from me, unless you want that service. Please bear with my responses as I may be actively working.
Hello. I hope you’re doing well today. Can you give me the exact model number of the unit?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
SMS24AW01G/51
Thanks. Give me a moment
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Have I been charged the £16.00 ???
Can you check if there is water in the bottom of the machine?
You should not be charged unless someone calls.. you requested a phone call, if there’s no call you will be refunded for that
Did you receive my message
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please look at my original question it has all info you need to know. There is no water
o read it. Can you pull the machine out and tip it back about 45 degrees and give it a shake?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok will do this then what??
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have done that
Did it solve the issue? Also I need to know if there was water at bottom of machine near floor
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That is done tamar
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No water at bottom of machine. . When you start it how full is the water bladder meant to get, then what might cause it to stop mid cycle on this model. I will try it on pre rinse, this will take approx 15mins before it will stop in the usual place?? Do get a cross
Could be a faulty inlet valve or a problem with the pcb, usually this is caused by a block drain hose though. That’s why I wanted you to double check
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Does the pre rinse cycle use the heating element within the machine?
it should come on with pre wash
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how can I check if it is working, if it was not working would this stop the machine mid cycle?
It the lights flashing, you’ve got water somewhere in the machine, or a lack of water flow. If there’s no water in the base or to be found, check the float
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have had the water bladder off and have completely freed the float, it was clogged up. It has stopped mid cycle again as before. How full should the bladder become, when it fills from the start should it come up to the float as a level, it's seems to be not enough water getting into the machine?
if should come up as stated. If there’s not enough water that’s a faulty inlet valve
Sometimes inlet valves also have an in line filter or strainer that could be blocked
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok I will explore these points
Sounds good. Let me know if you need anything else
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Would a faulty element stop this bosch machine in mid cycle?

if it was a faulty element you'd have a different error msg

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
On the inlet valve how do I disconnect the electrical wires attached to the valve please?

can you send a photo? usually they are attached with spade terminals

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Here it is

It's a plug with a little tab. All you need to do is push the tab on the side in and pull the plug out

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Tamar where my finger is where the bladder fills to should it foil to a much higher level?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Now it is up to here but should it be up to where the float is?

hard to tell from those pics where the water level is.
don't over think the problem, back to the basics..
check water light = blockage or not enough water flow
have you seen this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6tY2FdTjkI

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i had seen this video earlier today. How about, how can you tell if water is coming into the machine through the inlet valve as opposed to the fact that it is just using the water that is already left in the machine?

I see the expert has opted out do you still require assistance, as I am one of the other JA experts?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please, could you have a glance through esp. My last couple of points and advise any thoughts please. Thanks Tim

Ok so water enters, as part of the rinse\pre-wash, then pumps out but then fails after it looks to fill back up for the main wash?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No not correct, it does not complete the pre wash cycle, the same for any cycle selected. It stops after the initial fill and drain. My question is about how full should the main water bladder fill up to the float or nowhere near?

Right your fault sounds like a flow sensor fault, as water is entering.

Water should cover the base of the washer (forget about the bladder\sump).

To provide this you need to check water is entering and at what point the valve closes, you can do this by checking the voltage going to the valve.

If that is running as it should be, then it points to the flow sensor.

What is the ENR of the appliance?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
SMS24AW01G/51

The flow sensor is Bosch part number 00611317 and can be sourced here.

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thanks james