JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Vaillant combi boiler 3 years old. I have been told

I have a Vaillant combi boiler 3 years old. I have been told I need to have a limescale filter fitted costing £170 or it could void my warranty! Is it true?
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your boiler?
Customer: No, they have just serviced it.
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It doesn't have a problem, they want me to spend £170
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Are you in a hardwater area, and who advised you of this was it the installer or someone servicing the boiler?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
service guy
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No thanks , just type

Offers for calls are just adverts you can discard them if happy with a typed response.

Lime scale isnt really an issue, most warranty suggest a magna clean or similar fitted these capture lose iron and sludge in the system, but the only firms I have seen insist on these are Worcester Bosch.

A lime scale filter in my view is a complete waste of money, as very few actually work.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.