JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Baxi boiler and no hot water today. I have spoken

I have a Baxi boiler and no hot water today. I have spoken to the company who serviced it. They think it need s a pressure top up can you advise me how to do this?
JA: How old is your Baxi boiler? What water pressure does the gauge show?
Customer: Two years. Pressure 0.4 bars and flashing 118?
JA: How long has this been going on with your Baxi boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just this morning
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Whats the model of your boiler, and are you still getting central heating?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
2 years and yes to heating

The boiler should have a model number on it normally around the control panel.

I can confirm the 118 fault on a Baxi is low pressure it should be at least 0.5 bar but ideally 1 bar, so thats why your having issues, I would expect you will find the boiler will stop working for central heating shortly too.

Without knowing the model I can only provide general advice as each model has a different method of increasing the pressure.

If you look under the boiler can you see a filling loop (metal flexible hose with a tap on either side)?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
RFS172510048DC
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yescan see loop

Ok you need to open the tap on either side of the filling loop and keep an eye on the pressure gauge, when it gets to 0.8 start turning one of the taps to half closed, then when at 1 bar off, then turn off the other tap. Restart the boiler and the fault should clear

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I seem to have three taps two blue one yellow?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It seems to have worked! How do I check the bar pressure? It's showing temp

The yellow is gas most likely, you are looking for a tap on each side of the filling loop see video here.

However you may have an easy fill in which case see the video here where you pull down on the tap.

Just wanted to follow up to see if the boiler is now repressurised?

I havent heard from you in some time, do you require any further assistance or happy for me to close the question?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi James I now have hot water thank you