KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

We have a Bosch dishwasher, Model number SMV50C00GB/07, We

We have a Bosch dishwasher, Model number SMV50C00GB/07
JA: Are there any error codes or blinking lights on your Bosch dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: We have an insurance plan with Domestic & General but can't come asa it is not essential.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Our dishwasher doesn't switch off, it is seemingly on a fill cycle, but doesn't fill.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is there any thing that i can do to reset as the sink for washing up in a modern apartment is not very big. we are here 24 hrs a day for self isolation. I have tried restting with the switch & turning off at the wall.

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is Kevin and I will help you today!

This indicates water has leaked in the base of appliance and activated the anti-flood device.

You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out.

Then tip it backwards by around 45 degrees so excess water drains off completely.

After this is done, check the drain hose where it connects to house drain and make sure it is not clogged.

Then clean the mesh filter from inside and make sure it is not blocked.

Reconnect everything and plug it back.

It should work however, if the problem occurs again you will have to check what is causing the leak.

Please IGNORE the PHONE CALL request.

That is auto generated and not sent by me.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

____________________________________________________________

If you're satisfied with my assistance, your 5 STAR Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated.

Thank You!

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks for your response, Have cleaned waste pipes & filters etc on dishwasher. At the moment all seems to work. I am completing a wash cycle to see how it goes. Again many Thanks Kevin I will let you know if the cycle has completed.

You are very welcome.

Glad it is sorted :)

Please click on STARS (*****) from top of this page

Appreciate the Bonus :)