J Peart
J Peart,
Experience:  Superintendant/Red Seal Plumber at Shiketanz Real Estate
101236091

My iron doesn’t steam, it is a delonghi stirella steam iron

My iron doesn’t steam
JA: What's the brand and model of your iron? How old is it?
Customer: it is a delonghi stirella steam iron systm
JA: How long has this been going on with your iron? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have only started using is as my housekeeper is on lockdown
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: dont really know
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
ANYONE THERE
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Is an expert available
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yes still waiting
Good morning! Sorry for the wait. Usually if a steam iron has quit steaming it's because it has become plugged with mineral scale. The way to rid this is to buy a descaling solution to clean it. Where everyone is self isolating I'm sure you can buy from Amazon and have it delivered. Once its cleaned if you purchase distilled water and use in your iron it won't scale up anymore. Hopefully this helps. Have a great and safe day!
If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. Just Answer charges you either way but ratings are how I get paid.
If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Not sure how to escape.thete is a flush button on the side is that it
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Descale
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I did that before and when my Visa account came in you had charges me £35
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
An thinking could this be a scam
I'm not involved with the billing so I'm not sure how that works but I can assure you that it's not a scam.
As for descaling - there's a reservoir where you add water for steam. Empty the water that in there (hold the iron upside down over the sink) then add the descaler to the reservoir according to the directions and let it sit for a while, then push the steam button a few times to get the solution through. Depending on how badly its scaled up it may need done a few times. The instructions will probably tell you to rinse it when you are done.
The phone number for Customer Service is 1 888-862-9212. They can discuss billing with you
Again I hope this helps. Please leave a positive rating and if there is anything else I can help with feel free to contact me.