KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Just moved into a house with Bosch Classix dishwasher which

Just moved into a house with Bosch Classix dishwasher which was already plumbed in. I have checked the 'water in' supply is switched on. I have tried to run a load but the machine hums but no water seems to be going into the machine. I have pulled the machine away from the wall to make sure pipe isn't squashed. Any ideas, please?
JA: Do you know the model of your Bosch dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: Sorry, no idea, no manual. All I can see on the front is Bosch Classix,. maxx freedom. No visual display, only circular control to pick programme, a salt and rinse aid lights, 3 lights showing for 'on, active, [email protected] and a 3 second reset/start/stop
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only just moved in so first time trying. I have tried the reset button, switch off and on again at the wall, pulled out to make sure tubes not squashed.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I cannot think of anything else.

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is Kevin and I will help you today!

Please provide its complete model number from the label inside the door.

Please IGNORE the PHONE CALL request.

That is auto generated and not sent by me.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Details I can read on label:Type SL15KTB, E-Nr SGS43C12GB, FD8501 and 05047
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Any ideas/suggestions please

Thanks for that.

Do you hear the pump running all the time ?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
There's a constant hum so assume so

OK try this and let me know how it goes:

You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out.

Then tip it backwards by around 45 degrees so excess water drains off completely.

After this is done, check the drain hose where it connects to house drain and make sure it is not clogged.

Then clean the mesh filter from inside and make sure it is not blocked.

Then check the inlet hose and ensure it is not squashed or blocked.

Reconnect everything and plug it back.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Many thanks. That will take me a while so will get back to you.

No problem, Let me know how it goes.

You are very welcome.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Not done everything. Got as far as pulling out, unplugging and starting to tip when water comes out from under the machine. Is this a bad sign, so is it worth carrying on? I can probably retrieve the dishwasher I left behind a couple of weeks ago at my old place.

Water coming out from the base of appliance indicates water has leaked in the base and activated the anti flood device hence, causing this issue.

Try and complete the steps, it should solve the issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Wonderful. After crawling around the floor to get into the cupboard under the sink that seems to have worked. Many thanks for your help.

You are very welcome.

Please click on STARS (*****) from top of this page so, we can close this.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
My pleasure. You have been a great help.

Appreciate the bonus.

Thank you :)

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
spoke too soon. seemed to run for a while but back to the pump running but no progress. Tab door isn't opening so not getting far at all. The machine does seem to make some clicking noises a some points, as well as the pump. It floods from the bottom again and I have disconnected the waste hose to bring it down to floor level and some clean water came out. Any further ideas please?

OK so it starts, fills and then you hear click click etc and it stops ?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
That seems to ahve been the case but the pump (I assume) keeps running

If the pump is continuously running you will have to check the float and replace it.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
That sounds like getting more complicated and stretching my abilities. I might just retrieve the previous one and give this to someone else who is more adept at doing the repair. Many thanks again.

You are very welcome.

Good Luck.