J Peart
J Peart,
Experience:  Superintendant/Red Seal Plumber at Shiketanz Real Estate
101236091

I have just seen there is a black tube in my freezer which

hi there, I have just seen there is a black tube in my freezer which seems to have been disconnected. I have a photo, but not sure if I can post it on here. Want to know if it's serious or not. Freezer still working ok it seems. Local appliance company closed for obvious reasons, so not sure what to do. Laura
JA: What's the brand and model of your freezer? How old is it?
Customer: just checking.....bear with me...
JA: What have you tried so far with your freezer?
Customer: nothing...no idea what to do. I know the fridge freezer must be about 6 years old and I think it's an AEG model.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I rent the property so I didn't have it fitted. The freezer does freeze up a lot, so am often having to defrost it. I think it probably needs a new freezer but not sure that can happen at this current time. I am anxious to know if it's safe as it is, with a tube which clearly looks as though it shoudl be attached to something...
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
This is what it looks like
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Wondering if it’s safe...??
Good morning. My name is John and hopefully I can help. There is a drain line running down the back of most fridges that take moisture away from the freezer and allows it to defrost. Being disconnected is probably why your freezer is frosting up so bad. There should be a removable cover on the rear of the compartment hold in place by a couple of screws. I always recommend getting a professional but if you feel confident doing so you can remove that and see if there's some place where its obviously come off of. It won't hurt your freezer if you decide to wait until a professional comes available. Your freezer will just continue to frost up and may need defrosted more often. Hopefully this helps.
If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. Just Answer charges you either way but ratings are how I get paid.
If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you John. That’s so helpful. My concern was in case any gases were leaking or similar. I will definitely wait until such time I can get someone in - and possibly a new fridge freezer. Hope you are staying safe and well.