JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Does an older (about 8 years) Bosch hedge cutter -Ion

does an older (about 8 years) Bosch hedge cutter Li-Ion battery (5INR18/65-1) fit the new Bosch Universal Hedge Pole?
JA: Do you know the model of your Bosch appliance?
Customer: just a mo while I check
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, it's an AHS 38 LI hedge cutter and I'm considering buying the long version.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, it's just if I buy the pole version I need to know if the battery I have will fit.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

The hedge pole is not compatible with the older style li-ion battery, they have a different mechanism I am afraid, you would also have about half of the battery power\duration as the battery you have is 1.5Ah where as the hedge pole uses a 2.5Ah battery.

Please let me know if you need anything clarified.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks James - very helpful.

Please rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page.