JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

LG soundbar wont work, have checked all connections but

LG soundbar wont work, have checked all connections but still no sound.
JA: Do you know the model of your LG appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Sj4
JA: How long has this been going on with your LG appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: started today, I have checked all connections, checked the correct output on tv settings, repaired the Bluetooth connection to the sub woofer
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

Ok so your not getting any sound from sub or the bar?

How is the bar connected to the TV (HDMI, 3.5mm jack, optical)?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
HDMI

Ok have you tried using a different connection method?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
But it has always used hdmi and I’ve never had a problem, also I’m still getting picture on tv

I am trying to work out if the fault may be HDMI cable, TV or sound bar related.

Using a different medium would rule that out.

The next thing to look at is the sound settings does the TV show its recognised ARC, and have you recently moved your HDMI cables about and put it back in the wrong port at the back of the TV (as it needs to be in the one marked ARC)?

You may wish to consider doing a factory reset of the TV, or connecting another device such as a phone to the sound bar and checking if you can play sound via that device.