JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I removed knobs to clean and now can't get the grill/upper

hi I removed knobs to clean and now can't get the grill/upper oven and main over knobs back on to work, it seems spindles are in wrong position, please help
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: it is a dual HD61 model
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I only cleaned it is this week, and it is like the knobs are not lining up
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, i am just unable to us it ar present, i am having to turn it off at socket in order for the lights to go off

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is James and I will help with your query today.

If you look at the knobs can you see a flat part on the spindle?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
yes which way should spindle be when in the off position
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I would rather chat online thanks

Rather than try and work out which way is up match the flat part of the sprocket on the knob to the flat edge of the spindle on the switch. Since its possible the spindle have have got turned when you took the knob off.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I will attempt to do as you say just now and hope that works, as the grill spindle keeps going round and round, and the main cooker light is not coming on at all