Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an Indesit Ceramic Hob (electric) model RI161C - for

I have an Indesit Ceramic Hob (electric) model RI161C - for the last couple of days the on button has not been working. Just now my partner gave it another try and the hob did power on, but then when we've come to use it again a little later it won't power on again.

If you are having trouble turning in on then i know what this will be.

The control board is coming out of the holder so its not sitting right up against the glass top so doesnt pick up the touch.

Ive see this loads of times and its a simple fix if you are handy at diy repairs.

You need to remove the hob from the unit and turn it over so you can access the bottom.

Make sure the power is off and then remove the metal cover on the bottom of the hob.

Once this is off you will see the touch control board sitting in the plastic frame of the glass.

Look at the opposite side of the wires on the board and you will seee this is falling out of the plastic frame.

Push it back down into place and thats it.

Refit the cover and power it back on and it will be fine from there.

Try that and see what you find as ive seen this fault loads of times and its always down to the control board moving out of the plastic frame.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for your reply. Would this also explain why the majority of the buttons on the hob appear to work (i.e. the lock button and the +/- buttons) but just not the on button?
Also, will the unit be fixed to the worktop at all or will I just be able to pry it up neatly?

Yes its the on side thats unclipped.

Ive seen it on these were its the lock side that pops out so you cannot unlock the hob.

As to removing it depends how the fitters put it in.

But most of the time i find i can hold the glass at the back and pull it up and out the hob.

If not then you need to access the underneath and push it upwards to remove it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Perfect, just managed to fix it - bit awkward prising it out of the cutout but managed it in the end and it seems to be working fine now! Thanks very much for your help

Nice one, Glad to hear you sorted it and thanks for letting me know.

If you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks.