Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My aquarius TCFs 83 is no longer heating up to fr our

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: My aquarius TCFs 83 is no longer heating up to fr our clothes. We removed the back panel to reset but no reset button.
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: One of the connections in the centre appears to have shorted out . It is a hotpoint aquarius tcfs83 Dryer
JA: What have you tried so far with your Hotpoint product?
Customer: Cleaned the condenser Emptied water and filter Removed back panel and attempted reset but no button Centre connection appears to have burnt out
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is only 2 years old so a relativelay new machine.

Ok if the dryer isnt getting hot at all then its possible its a fault with the thermostats.

To check you will need to remove the bulged cover on the back and from there take out the heater.

On top of the heater are 2 thermostats. Now you will need a multimeter and meter these thermostats out. If the 1 on the left is faulty then look in the middle of the thermostat and see if theres a small hole in the middle. If so get a pin and poke it in there and push down.

This will reset the thermostat. If theres no hole in there then the thermostat kit will need to be replaced to cure the problem.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.