canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I have a Bosch dishwasher with leaking bottom door seal.

I have a Bosch dishwasher with leaking bottom door seal. Unfortunately the model number inside the door is badly worn and is now totally unreadable. Is there any other way I can identify the model number (to get correct replacement part)
JA: How old is your Bosch dishwasher? Where does the leak seem to be coming from?
Customer: About 10 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Leak from lower RHS.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Rotor arm intact and upper 3-side seal seems fine.

HI my name is***** am here to help. Is your Bosch dishwasher bult in with a decor door fitted?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No freestanding 600mm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pls continue by message
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can replace the seal if I can get the correct replacement part.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just need to identify the model number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this just a scam to get more money?

Hi sorry for the delay. Have you removed the dishwasher and have you been able to look at the back of the dishwasher occasionally the model label will also be on the back.

You do not need to accept any calls.

Are you able to send a photo of the label

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a number on the back (but not a model number)
Model label not present on back(###) ###-####06/172/17:22Can send photo of label (but doubt if it will help - no numbers visible at all )
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (GM4Z7P7)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (G526466)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (27VTG1M)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (41Z264S)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (1P7GZ35)

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the repair field for over 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. A leak on the door is not necessarily an issue with the door seal. It is more likely that the dishwasher is overflowing because of a blockage or incorrect drain hose configuration. Another cause could be if regular dish soap was added or regular dish soap residue on the dishes that were added. Regular soap will cause excessive suds that block the drain. Also be sure the filter is regularly cleaned. Another cause could be dish configuration directing the water towards the door.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Filters have all been checked and cleaned. No change in outflow configuration. Had for 10y and never previously leaked.

It does not matter about whether the configuration changed or not. It can still cause an issue even 10 years later. When you open the dishwasher at the end of a cycle, is there water in the bottom of the dishwasher? If so, are there suds in it? Does the drain hose come through the cabinet very high or very low?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No water or suds left in machine at end of cycle.
Hose leaves Cabinet just below height of working surface and hooks into near vertical fixed pipe.

Is it connected to a garbage disposal? The disposal port that the dishwasher connects to has a cap in it that has been removed. Will you remove the hose and check with a flashlight that there are no pieces of that cap that need to be poked out still and also check i n the end of the dishwasher hose to see if there is a check valve? Some models have a check valve in the hose and if so that can be removed.

Why the negative rating? If the issue is more complex than expected it means the service was bad?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked how to get the model number when the label had rubbed off.
You answered a question not asked.
I now have the model number (via help from Bosch), have now replaced a lower door seal and dishwasher is waterproof once again.

You did not ask about the model number at any time during our communication. I see you mentioned that you could not find the model number in the original post. Forgive me for finding urgency in trying to assist you in finding a leak. If I would have known there was urgency in getting the model number I could have helped with that too.

canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience: Plumber