JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Our cleaner isn't bringing the dust into the container for

Customer Question

Our cleaner isn't bringing the dust into the container for the dust .we have cleaned the filter and blew air down the pipes there is good suction where the dust container is but not further down the pipe .what do you suggest ?
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: It's DC50 ,it's 6 years old but has been in storage for the past 4 years and it has been working OK up to this past week
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just started last week .we have taken the filter out ,cleaned it and used an air compressor to blow the pipes out .the problem seems to be somewhere between the brush attachment and the dirt container .we have also taken the floor brush off and cleaned it all.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What do you suggest we can still do .when you feel the floor part there is very little suction and the dirt isn't going into the dust container
Expert:  JamesI replied 17 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Expert:  JamesI replied 17 days ago.

So if you pull the wand out at the end of the wand is there suction?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
There is good suction up where the pipe attached to the dust container and the pied below that seems clear but hardly any suction from the floor brush
Expert:  JamesI replied 17 days ago.

Ok so there is a blockage in the floor its a case of stripping ti down to locate the blockage, you could try and rod through the but in most cases its going to be easier to strip it down.

Expert:  JamesI replied 13 days ago.

I haven't heard from you in some time, are you happy for me to mark the question as resolved or do you still require further assistance or have a follow up question please let me know how I can assist you further with?