JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Morning. My hot water/steam spout doesn't appear to be

Customer Question

Morning. My hot water/steam spout doesn't appear to be frothing the milk.
JA: What's the brand and model of your faucet? How old is it?
Customer: It's a DeLonghi EC680 and about 3 to 4 years old. I clean the connection tube and nozzle after every use which is about 4 times a week.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Delonghi faucet? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only the last couple of uses. Wasn't sure what to do. I tend to count to 30 whilst it's frothing and the manual recommends not to use the steam spout for more than 60 seconds
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I warm the milk first
Expert:  JamesI replied 16 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
If you can email please with your response that would be good. I've emailed all the facts- there is not much more I can add. Thank you
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi *****, *****'t feel I need to call you as I've said everything in my email regarding the milk not frothing. Please contact me via email please as to what you think the problem is. Many thanks.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
James, if you can answer my query plese
Expert:  JamesI replied 16 days ago.

Offers for calls are just automated adverts, you can discard them if you are happy for a typed response (and do not want to pay the additional fee). However it can take time for experts to respond, please be patient and an expert will respond as soon as possible.

So everything other than the frother is working (your getting sufficient hot water for the brewing etc)?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
it's just the frothier not frothing. Many thanks.
Expert:  JamesI replied 15 days ago.

Ok this points to a fault with the divert valve which allows steam to from the boiler to the frother.

Your likely to need to send the appliance away to the Delonghi service centre since they are dont offer parts for self repair.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 15 days ago.

So that I can close the question please rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page, have a good day.