David McCready
David McCready, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self Employed
108625936

My BE04 Twin Cooker Hood is great, but isn't working. I

Customer Question

My BE04 Twin Cooker Hood is great, but isn't working. I think it might be the fuse ..... I have removed the extractor fan grille, but don't seem to be able to manage the light cover. I can slide it but don't want to apply force in case I break it or the surround. So it is difficult to check the light bulbs to see if they are OK or not.
JA: Who makes your lighting? How old is it?
Customer: It was all part of a kitchen fitting installed by Cavendish Kitchens, Newcastle-on-Tyne probably 15 - 20 years ago .... It is a Blanco Hood.
JA: How long has this been going on with your lighting? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well, it has nnot been working for at least 2 years and I have been lazy and done nothing!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Doin't think so. I can only find one mains socket which operates the hob. Should there be another one? Hob works fine.
Expert:  David McCready replied 14 days ago.

Hi my name is***** am here to help. I do not get paid for my help unless you are happy with my assistance and give a positive rating.

I would suggest that the first thing you need to do is check the supply to the extractor hood. Can you see where it is plugged in?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
As far as I can see there is only 1 socket above the hood

HI a phone call will add to your expense but is not necessary at this stage. Have you been able to check that power is getting to that socket.You can check the socket by plugging in a lamp.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok I am a slow texter!5
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Do I need to remove the lights cover to check if the bulbs are ok

HI I would check the power supply first, and the plug fuse

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I will leave it for now. Thanks all the same.

Ok feel free to come back for more assistance. In the meantime if you were happy with my help so far please rate my help. Thank you