David McCready
David McCready, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self Employed
108625936

I have a WMUD942 Ultima (2014). It stopped mid cycle and

Customer Question

Hello, I have a WMUD942 Ultima (2014). It stopped mid cycle and tripped the MCB power circuit. I emptied the machine manually, disconnected the power and removed the inspection panel at the back. I could see that the shock absorber nearest the right hand side - viewed from the front - had torn away from the bottom chassis mounting. I was able to remake the bottom mounting and refitted the shock absorber and back panel. I refitted the water and drain hoses and then turned on the power. The display came on perfectly still showing the cycle I had been running. To test all was well I selected rinse (door lock light was on OK) pressed go and nothing happened except that the display showed the counting down of 16 minutes. So the brain appears to be working but no connection to the mechanics. Are there any internal fuses/relays which might have been damaged because the drum was undoubtedly thrashing about with one shock absorber unattached.
Expert:  David McCready replied 18 days ago.

HI my name is***** am here to help. I do not get paid for my help unless you are happy with my reply and give a positive rating.

The machine does not have internal fuses, but it is likely that damage may have been caused to the wiring to the motor if the drum dropped violently.

You should only work on the machine if is is isolated from the electricity.

Also, check the plug to the motor is fitted in place.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you David, When I inspected the wiring all looked Ok. I did also try a Pump out but again nothing but the display counted down the 2 minutes andthen said cycle complete. The machine is at my daughter's and I will have another look next Monday. When the machine failed it had been on a timed start - should I need to reset the clock/timer?

HI okay yes you should reset the programme and start a new cycle.

Please come back if you need any more assistance but if you are happy so for a positive rating would be appreciated.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you David, I will be in touch when I have looked at the machine next week