drcool299
drcool299, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been an Appliance tech for the past 28 years. Worked on most of the branded appliances.
11923974

Model SCT71900S0 AEG Fridge Freezer. Water running into

Customer Question

Model SCT71900S0 AEG Fridge Freezer . Water running into freezer I have to keep removing ice From bottom of freezer and door sometimes won’t shut properly or just opens slightly on its own!
JA: How old is your AEG fridge?
Customer: Just under 4 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your AEG refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just over a month I have made sure drainage outlet in fridge isn’t blocked and made sure nothing is touching it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can’t think of anything else I have looked in the manual but can’t seem to find any thing else I have cleaned around the doors.
Expert:  drcool299 replied 17 days ago.

hello..there is another drainage in the freezer...I think that is the clogged drainage...

Please ignore any phone offer...it is not me but the site.

You would have to remove the freezer inside back wall to access the drain pan where the drain hole is.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Can I do this myself or do I need a technician?
Expert:  drcool299 replied 17 days ago.

Can you able to remove a back wall of the freezer?..probably you will need to unscrew something...Do you have sets of tools?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
What do you mean a screwdriver? That’s about all I’ve got but maybe when covid19 ends I ask someone to help.
Expert:  drcool299 replied 17 days ago.

A tool that drives screw...usually a philips is what is needed.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok I’ll try, thank you.
Expert:  drcool299 replied 17 days ago.

Do you want me to assist?...If you do...please unplug the unit...remove all the food in the freezer...remove the drawers in the freezer...take a picture of the freezer wall and post it here please...use the paper clip icon on top of the box where we type our responses

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you but I can’t do this right now I need to get the correct screwdriver if I have a problem I will contact you again.
Expert:  drcool299 replied 17 days ago.

Ok...then let me tell what you could probably see...the back wall is sometimes covered with ice...scrape the ice from the plastic...then look for round plastic that could probably hiding the screw that holds the cover...then if you remove the screw...slowly pull the cover towards you...if there are still ice holding it...let it thaw for a few minutes...we do not want breaking some styro covers at the back...then once you removed the cover...the evaporator coil is now visible...it doesn't matter if it has ice on it...it will thaw anyway...at the lower part of the coil is the drain pan...at the middle of the drain pan is the hole...that drain pan could probably full of ice and you cannot feel the hole yet...slowly pour hot water on the middle so that the ice would melt until you reach the hole...pour some more hot water on the hole to make sure it is clear...watch the water as it flows out of the back of the unit...to the drain pan on top of the compressor...you may want to check the pan on top of the compressor because it will overflow..

Once the drain hole is clear...return everything and your problem is solve.

In case I am offline just leave your question here and I will answer them as soon as I log back in.