JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a cordless Bosch Rotack lawn mower & it's about 8

Customer Question

I have a cordless Bosch Rotack lawn mower & it's about 8 years old, I lent it to a neighbour (mistake) & he managed to jam the blade with long wet grass. Now when I try to switch on I just hear a clicking sound, is this obvious, fixable or a write off?
JA: Do you know the model of your Bosch lawn mower?
Customer: Give me 2 minutes
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch lawn mower? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's a Rotak 34 LI Ergoflex & it's worked fine for years, I've taken off the casing to look for anything obvious
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I just wondered if it could be the thermal protector as my neighbour obviously tried to use it when the blade was jammed
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 days ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 days ago.

Based on the age its probably a write off, the noise your hearing is the speed controlling relay. Most likely the motor has seized, a new motor would be around £240 from here, based on its age I would think its better to invest in a new mower I am afraid.

Is there anything else I can clarify for you?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thought so! Thanks James!
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 days ago.

So that I can close the question please rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page, have a good day.