Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Washing machine will not fill with water and error 16 shows.

Washing machine will not fill with water and error 16 shows. Loosening the water inlet and then tightening it starts the programme. Should I remove the small filter at this connection? it does not appear to be blocked.
JA: How old is your washer? Have you checked the inlet screen for dirt buildup?
Customer: About 4 years old. Where is the inlet screen situated? the small screen at the water hose inlet looks perfectly clean.
JA: You can usually find the inlet screen at the back of your washer where the hot and cold water hoses connect. How long has this been going on with your washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The machine has only a cold water fill. I have removed the water inlet hose on the rear and removed the small filter and seeing nothing wrong with the filter replaced it whereupon the machine works perfectly until I go to use it again.The problem has been going on for about 3 months,
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The problem is, I have to move the machine from underneath the worktop to loosen the feed pipe everytime I use the washer which is not very convenient at my age 88!

Welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to try to help you. I am an expert from Germany working with language translation program seems to be this regarding I ask for your understanding. Telephone service is provided automatically by the system. Just ignore it. I cannot make a phone call.

We are manufacturer independent experts who answer technical questions.

It may be that the lower pump is blocked or difficult to drain. Below is an inspection flap. If you remove it you will see a round cover. There is a lint strainer. You just have to be careful when you open it, the rest of the water will run out. When you open it up, make sure the pump isn't blocked.

I ask you a little bit of patience. We have too many questions. Therefore it sometimes takes time until we answer them.

Do you have more questions? I'm waiting to hear back. Greetings Erdal

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks Erdal. I opened the filter and removed a collar stiffener which had lodged inside. I found the machine worked OK when I used it but will do another wash before I can confirm that the problem has been solved.

All right, well, good luck with that. I'll be waiting to hear back from you.