JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Bosch AHS 50-26 Electric Hedge Cutter. Just stopped working.

JA: Do you know the model of your Bosch appliance? How old is it?
Customer: less than three years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed the fuse in the plug
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I was using it. It was working. I put it down for a second. I picked it up again and it wouldn't work. No noise, nothing.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi James

So no sign of life even after changing the plug fuse and using in a different socket?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Correct

That would suggest the switch has developed a fault if it was the motor or you would expect to hear a high pitch whine.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Exactly
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Unless there is something between the switch and the motor

A new micro switch can be sourced here.

The diagram on this page here (top left - item 4) shows the wire to the motor so stripping it down you can check continuity fairly easily.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
OK thanks

Please confirm if you are happy for the question to be marked as answered

So that I can close the question please rate the response provided using the star rating at the top of this page, have a good day.