JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Zanussi ZOP37987TXK oven. the oven works normally

I have a Zanussi ZOP37987TXK oven. the oven works normally but the pyrolysis setting does not operate although the display shows it is?
JA: Is your Zanussi oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric and about 2 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I first noticed it this morning when I set the oven to clean. I have not done anything else.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am reasonably confident at DIy but I don't want to make things worse

HI my name is***** am here to help. Do you have the PNC number for your appliance?

HI the the telephone message is auto generated and my not help at this stage, it will just cost you more. If you can advise the PNC number I can advise here.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Do you need any more information?

Ok i am just getting the details now.

Ok when you set the oven to pyro does the door lock?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No it does not, but I thought that only happens when it reaches the temperature

Hi yes this is the case are you saying that the oven doesn't start the pyrolysis at all. If that is the case are any error or fault codes displayed?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No it does not show any fault codes the display shows it is working but it isn't. When I open the door at that setting it shows C3, which is the code for the door not being closed or lock defective.

HI okay if all the other settings are working on the oven except the pyro function it would indicate a fault with the door lock or the PCB.

Do you intend on carrying out any work to the oven yourself?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hopefully if it is not too technical

Ok before you start any work you will need to make sure that the oven is isolated from the mains. You will also need a multimeter.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have a multimeter and I can disconnect from the mains supply

Ok can you advise the full PNC number it is missing two numbers at the end.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
00

Ok at this stage I am going to opt out I am unable to get a wiring diagram for this oven. Another expert may be able to help.

Hi my name is ***** ***** you still require assistnace?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Please

If the clean mechanism doesnt work then your looking at a faulty PCB, if it heats up but not fully then its a fault thermostat.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
How do I find out which one it is?

You can measure the temp of the oven to see if its getting up to temp.

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.