David McCready
David McCready, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self Employed
108625936

I have a B15P42N0GB /04 single electric oven. I replaced the

I have a B15P42N0GB /04 single electric oven. I replaced the bulb recently then a day or two later when I switch the oven on there was a loud bang and the map did not work although the oven is working completely otherwise. I bought a new whole lighting unit from Neff and fitted it but the light still does not work. Any idea where the problem might lie?
JA: Who makes your oven?
Customer: Neff
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If you read what I have said its all there.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
When can I expect an answer? Obviously the 8 minutes estimate was a little off since it was given over an hour ago.

Hi my name is***** am here to help. Do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I just asked when I would get your advice

Ok do you intend carrying out the work yourself? I am an independent expert and d not get paid for my assistance unless you provide a positive rating.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No I don't need a call thank you

Ok the phone call message is auto generated.

Do you intend on repairing the oven yourself?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I did when I installed the new lighting unit but since that has failed I was intending to get it done professionally. However, the oven is around ten years old and I'm wondering whether to replace it

Ok the oven you have is a Neff and is still a very good oven. Neff will call out and repair your oven for a fee of £99 (£109 if inside M25).

It may be a wiring fault in the oven but as you have heard a bang it would be worth having a professional test the oven for safety too.

I have attached a link for the Neff repair website https://www.neff-home.com/uk/service/repair/book-a-repair-online#/Togglebox=5808676-8417950-1/

Have I answered your questions ?

If you're satisfied with assistance, your 5-star Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated as that's the only way I get paid for my assistance.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask! You won’t be charged any additional fees. Thank You!

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thanks for that - I just didn't want to spend that sort of money on an oven which might be a problem in future.