KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My five year old Siemens iq700 will not drain-I have to

My five year old Siemens iq700 will not drain-I have to drain it manually. There’s nothing in the trap that I can see. Also it will not take the softener unless I put it on a rinse cycle
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Thank you. It’s been about six weeks now. I’ve flushed it out from the top of the drawer and let water run through until I sent too early sorry-let water run through until it comes out the drain pump. I’ve cleaned the dispenser drawer and the trap, and made sure the impeller can spin freely. Nothing has fixed it so far-it gets to almost finished and then the alarm goes with clean drain pump. I then have to empty it manually then do a rinse and spin cycle
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is it time to bid it farewell and try and find a new one, or can I do anything to fix it? I’m a key worker and washing uniforms is so much harder now!

Welcome to Justanswer … my name is ***** ***** I will help you today!

Please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate inside the door)

Please DO NOT ACCEPT the PHONE CALL request.

That is auto generated and not sent by me.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks so much for your response. Here is the label-I’m not sure which number you need-sorry!

The label ?

Please attach it

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The app crashes every time I try! I’ll try again
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It’s chucking me out every time I try-I’ll type it!

OK I need the number that starts with E nr

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Wmh6y790gb/09

Thanks for that.

You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out.

Then remove the top off, towards the right you will see pressure switch with thin hose attached to it.

Remove this hose and blow through it, ensure it is not clogged.

Then reconnect and try again, it should work fine.

However, if the issue is still there and it wont take the softener then try to clean all the hoses attached to detergent drawer.

To do this check this VIDEO, it will give you an idea on how its cleaned.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask!

____________________________________________________________

If you are satisfied with my assistance, your 5 STAR Rating (from top of this page) at this time is appreciated. Thank You!

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you so much-will this stop the issue of the machine not draining too?

Yes however, if still it wont drain you will have to replace the drain pump as you have already cleaned the hoses and drain pump filter.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you! We’ll give it a go! Is replacing the pump something we could do ourselves do you know? Sorry for all the questions

No problem, you will have to unplug it and remove the top off.

Then remove the rear off the appliance to access the pump and then you can replace it.

If you have not already cleaned the hoses attached to pump then please do that as well before replacing anything.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
You are a proper legend-thank you so much!

:) You are very welcome.

Please click on STARS (*****) from top of this page so, we can close this.