Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Whitegoods Engineer
101089104

Alarm keeps going off, light off, and doesn't appear to be

Alarm keeps going off, light off, and doesn't appear to be working,
JA: What's the brand and model of your lighting? How old is it?
Customer: power is getting to the unit, as light did come on once
JA: How long has this been going on with your lighting? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just since yesterday. Checked power supply, pressed the mode button to move to eco mode.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything else. Had it 2 years with no problem
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Kenwood. KNF 60HX17

Hi, thanks for your question. I'm Gavin and I'll help you with your fridge freezer.

You will receive an automated pop up offering a phone call. Please ignore it as I am unable to provide that service at the moment.

I'll just be a minute pulling up your model information

Thank You

Gavin

Is the freezer defrosting?

Any signs of ice underneath the lowest freezer drawer?

Any unusual noises recently?

Gavin

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No ice a ywhere. Freezer not obviously defrosting by6it has been kept closed. Only sound is the beeping alarm

Can you get to the back and put your hand on the compressor and see if it is warm/hot

Also if you turn off the power and then turn it back on will the fridge light come on?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Light came on when power off then on. A bit hard to get at the compressor but we are trying. Still beeping...
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can't feel any particular warmth at the back

OK, what about the light if you power off and on?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The light comes on again but is off again now

Does the light operate normally if you open and close the door?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No. It's off all the time, except when we power off, then on.

Ok, thanks.

The alarm only sounds for 1 of 2 reasons. Either the temperature is warmer than it should be inside the freezer or it is detecting that the door is open. I can't see a door switch listed for your model, can you see one in the fridge compartment?

Also has anything recently broken off the fridge door or has it been moved, reversed or has the door dropped?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Both the fridge and freezer doors are firmly closed. Nothing has dropped off, and there has been no movement or drop.

Ok, sounds like there is an issue with the sensor in the link below. It has either failed or has moved out of position. It's located in the top of the door. It should be clipped into place, check that it hasn't moved. If it is still in position you will need to replace it

https://www.partmaster.co.uk/magnetic-control-switch/product.pl?pid=5244304&query=KNF60HX17

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks. We'll give that a try when my husband remembers how to dismantle the top of the door.

Ok. should just be a case of unclipping a cover if I remember correctly.

If there is anything else I can do to help let me know

Please could you click on the stars to rate mt help

Thank You

Gavcin